Time Cero are a rock/alternative/metal band based in Lima, Perumuzicmirror February 22, 2017 0 COMMENTS
Time Cero are a rock/alternative/metal band based in Lima, Peru and fronted by their creator Carlos Li Carrillo who moved to Boston USA when he was 18 years old. During his teenage years in Lima, Peru in the mid 80’s, Carlos was the bass player and co-writer of Thrash Metal band “Curriculum Mortis”. Their first material was recently released on a U.S. vinyl edition and sold out 1000+ copies in the first year of release.
During the early 90’s Carlos was in the Progressive Rock band called ‘Avispon Verde’ and recorded 2 records while gigging regularly across the Lima alternative rock scene. In the late 90’s Carlos relocated to Hong Kong where he was influenced by numerous music genres and sounds from different parts of the world delving into digital recording and electronic sounds.
In 2001 while Carlos was travelling around the world, he created Novalima an Electronic collective band. The band mixed different grooves and singers from the around the world with Afroperuvian vocals and percussions.
Novalima became a big success with its first self-titled album on the Lima music scene and they soon signed their ” Afro” album with Mr. Bongo Records based in the U.K.
The song Machete was licensed to the world famous Robert Rodriguez “Machete” movie starring Danny Trejo and Robert De Niro. Later on Novalima released the album Coba Coba which was nominated for the 10th Latin Grammy as Best Alternative Record.
It was after producing one more album in his previous band that Carlos decided to move into different directions and started his current solo project called Time Cero.
Time Cero mixes a combination of styles ranging from Industrial Metal and Rock sounds to tribal and dance percussion. The project was recorded in Lima, Peru and was mixed and mastered by Kevin Paul in London.
Kevin Paul was the head engineer of Mute records and has mixed known bands such as Nick Cave, David Bowie and Depeche Mode. In June 2016, Kevin Paul joined Carlos in Lima,Peru to mix the Surround 5.1 version of the Time Cero album which will be released worldwide on DVD a few months after the digital Stereo release this November.
The brand new single off the album is “Time Cero”.
Brand New International Music Drops from muzicmirror
- Walthamstow singer ‘Skyeglow’ drops new single ‘Fallen Heroes’ a new anthem in trending UK nightclubs
- Nigerian Streaming Service uduX Inks Licensing Pact With Universal Music
- Gaana tops charts among music streaming apps
- Music streaming has worse carbon footprint than records and CDs
- Marion Campbell– Weary Heart
- Streaming Music Spotlight – Effective & Affordable Music Promotion For Artists
- Eric Abel drops new single ‘Two Young Kids’
- EDM Artist Peyton Shayler Pushes Bold New Anthem “Want Me To Love You” into Billboard Dance Chart Top 20
- Charlotte – Un Granito De Amor
- Qobuz review: A music streaming service on the verge of greatness
- In the era of streaming music, how is it possible that cassette tapes are making a comeback?
- Hitting the right note in music streaming
- Three major music labels make $19 million a day from streaming while artists count their pocket change
- Connor Stock – Goodbye Bad Vibes
- Dejwe Ft TG score a UK hit with ‘Edgy’
- The Distillers announce new 2019 tour dates
- ‘Fortnite’ players unite to cover Bastille and Marshmello’s ‘Happier’
- Sam Fender announces huge homecoming show
- London’s 100 Club will no longer share stage times
- Singer/Songwriter Luani releases new single ‘Mirror / Mirror’
- BRAND NEW – The Sun Will Come Up, The Seasons Will Change from Nina Nesbitt
- Bring Me the Horizon drop AMO
- “Most of my mixtapes all had songs I’d written while I was in jail,” Fredo tells Apple Music
- Music industry tackles illicit challenge to streaming services
- Paid-for music streaming set to overtake free listening this year